Well, this is my first attempt at being a part of the whole personal web page/blogging frenzy. I have to admit it will kind of fun providing updates in such a high tech fashion.
As you may or may not know, Andy and I have a new addition to our family. Floyd Jacob Holman arrived April 14th! He weighed in at 9 pounds, 3 ounces at birth and 10 weeks and 2 days later is somewhere around 14 pounds.
Alexandria, his big sister, is soon be 7 years old. Alexandria and Floyd have a special connection. Before we knew Floyd was in the works, Alex asked me for a baby brother. Nearly stuttering at her out-of-the-blue request I informed her that it would be while before wishes were granted and that we can't decide if we're having a boy or a girl. I found out I was pregnant on the morning of Alexandria's 6th birthday!
Andy and I told her she was going to be a big sister around the time we told our parents and family members. She seemed to be in a bit of shock and disappointment when we told her she would possibly have a sister and insisted the entire time, "No, I'm going to have a brother."
While waiting outside the birthing center at around 6:50 p.m., Alexandria stopped Auntie Caite on their walk back to the waiting room and informed her, "I think my brother is here." At about 7:00 p.m., the nurse went out to inform everyone Floyd had been around for about 10 minutes.
He smiles, talks and laughs with Alexandria the most. It is so precious to watch them interact!
Andy and I love watching him make funny faces, blow bubbles, sleep, smile, you get the idea. Floyd has to have daddy time each night and before dad goes to work or he gets grouchy.
His most recent exciting activity is chatting with mommy during early morning feedings (usually 4 a.m. or so) and trying to stay awake!
Tuesday morning, he woke up at 4:30 a.m. and entertained me while I prepared breakfast and made Andy's lunch. Around 7:00 a.m. Floyd wanted to eat again and I thought to myself, "Great, he will start snoozing for sure!" No chance... no way...
He managed to stay awake through my dentist appointment and most of the salon time. After a quick 10 minute snooze during my shampoo, he promptly returned to dazzling the ladies with his good looks and charm.
No comments:
Post a Comment