7.01.2009

Froggy Fun

Our deck garden is pretty exciting (for us anyway).  We have 4 bins of lettuce with 6 plants each and we can hardly eat enough salad to keep up with its production.  It's hard to believe that such small plants make such a large amount of food.  But we're not complaining.  Each type of lettuce actually has it's own unique flavor, instead of just tasting like a watery, green mass.  Sorry local grocers, but at $2.00/head, we're saving about $8-10/week right now!

I was watering our cute and productive deck garden one evening last week, and as I approached the Romaine lettuce bin a tiny little tree frog hopped into sight from one of the leaves.  Sadly, it startled me and I screamed.  Alexandria joined me to take a look at our new neighbor and she named him Freddy the Frog.

It is official: Floyd went on Slayride for the first time yesterday.  Even though the boat was parked in the driveway, Andy was still stoked to have his son on the boat with him for the first time.  Floyd sure seemed to enjoy himself, but the real test will come during an all day grind out on the water trolling around for some Kings!

Speaking of which, it is the first day of summer salmon season!  And of course it is blowing like crazy.  As I write this, I'm looking out at the channel which is littered with white caps.  In other words, this is NOT ideal fishing weather.  Bummer...

-Carol :)

Andy and Floyd on Slayride.

Alexandria coating the oven fries, Floyd asleep in background.

Alexandria checking out Freddy the Frog.

Floyd and his curly top after a bath.  :)

Big Sister and Little Brother hanging out.





No comments:

Post a Comment