7.21.2009

Summer Is Really Here!

Ah, the glorious days of summer in the San Juan Islands! You really can't find a more beautiful spot in the Pacific Northwest on a sunny day than here in the islands. The sun comes up early in the morning, flowers are blooming all over the place, school kids and spacey tourists are flooding the small streets of town, and Alexandria has grown so much that she can no longer sneak in to the kitchen without been seen! Nope, she is not able to hide behind the counter without being caught, because I can see her little head over the counter top now.

Yep, it seems like my little bean sprout is getting taller each day. She recently attended the British Soccer Challenge Camp. So Floyd and I watched her play dills and short games for five days. The kids were hilarious. It really didn't matter what positions they were assigned to, their general understanding was to go after the ball and get it in the goal. I watched the frustration on the older kids faces, but as competitive as they were they helped out the smaller kids a lot.

Floyd tried his first few spoons of rice cereal, to which he showed about as much excitement as I do when it's time to wake up for a red-eye ferry ride. I couldn't tell if he just didn't like it or if he just wasn't getting enough instant gratification from it. So he nursed and all was right in Floyd's world again.

There are some pictures below for your viewing pleasure. Stay tuned for more later this week. We hope all is well with everyone and best wishes!

Alex with Mason.

Alex geared up for soccer camp.

Alex and Floyd.

Floyd eating rice cereal - he does looked confused doesn't he?

Floyd taking a nice afternoon nap that lasted about 10 minutes...

3 comments:

  1. Hey cool, I can do posts now! Looks like you guys are having a busy fun summer! I had some stuff for Floyd but it looks like he is already grown out of them already...lol...Jeramy took Sage Geoduck digging today and they got a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had dinner with Dave and Donna and they told us the date you guys were coming down and we are so excited to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Alex looks so cute in her soccer gear!! And Floyod is getting so big. I really want to come over there and see all four of you, but unfortunately my move to seattle, and starting my job is kind of in the way--hopefully i'll be able to sneak a weekend away with you guys in the next month :) I hope you and Andy are doing well with your new adventures :)
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete